Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Cancon - Game 2

(Jan 23, 2010) (even my catch-up posts need catching up!)

Saturday afternoon, after a kebab and a quick walk around the vendors. Now I'm facing Daryl from Sydney and his Early Arab Dynasty. The usual good fortune with the terrain setup leaves my medium foot with all the cover a putting green would provide. Dazza has heaps of good cavalry, and of course the camel cataphracts. Eeep.

I staggered my pointy foot and my shooty foot and then had my mounted on my left flank. Happily I had a longer line, so it was a good feeling to know my swordsmen were not exposed on their right, unless Dazza was going to make some sudden moves later on.
We got to it and developed into a simple run-em-up-and-smash-em game. I was rapt in being able to pull out my surprise Portable Defences right in the face of the cavalry, leaving them the tough option of backing off and redeploying or trying to get across them - Dazza decided to try to get across them, and got into a hard fight.
The Ch'in Heavy Chariots kicked arse and took names - simple as that. But, the losses mounted and my light horse and cavalry did not fare so well, finally the Ch'in army broke.
Got some points this time, a 9-16 result.

No comments:

Post a Comment