Friday, May 21, 2010

Cancon - Game 4, 5, 6

(Jan 24 & 25, 2010)

(Wow - over a year ago... long time no blog! I'll finish the Cancon 2010 entries, since I'm started now. Just a few photos to wrap up)

So Game 4 against Luke and his Parthians. Actually got stuck into it in this one, and the Heavy Weapons guys get their game on against his Pi
kes somehow. On the right flank I manage to damage his swirling Light Horse as well. However, as hard as I tried, I just couldn't put it to bed - so finished with a 15 - 5 win at time. A good moral boost at this point of the comp.


Game 5 - against Stephen and his Early Macedonian Successors.
Facing another wall of pikes today - feeling good about pikes off the back of the previous game - so went at them hard. Not helped by another very sparse tabletop (these Medium foot HW are meant to be good in Rough - if I could ever get any to stick to the table!)
As you would expect - got spanked by the pike. Fun game though, especially with the die-hard remnants of the Heavy Weapons hanging in for so long at the end. 6
-19 loss.

Game 6 - against Ian and something Viking-ish... Yeah - end of comp exhaustion was setting in.
Messed up deployment, completely out-of-whack (see photo) and then proceeded to just throw it away. Not that I was sure what I was doing anyway against this foe... N00b!
Got smashed - 0-25
Still had fun though. I'm in it for pushing lead and dice rolling, so I definitely got lots of that!

No comments:

Post a Comment